A minor update was introduced to vCAC 6.0.1 yesterday, May 1st. The new version number is 22.214.171.124, Builds 1768531 for vCAC Appliance & 1748175 for the vCAC Identity appliance (SSO).
These builds are introduced in order to patch the heart bleed OpenSSL issue that was discovered not long ago, but also to fix some bugs found in the 6.0.1, relating to the way vCAC communicates with the Identity / SSO source.
One of the bugs that were fixed, is actually something i’ve encountered myself at a customer site, and was supplied quickly with a hot patch to solve the issue.
Lets review the release notes:
- Fixes to the Heart-bleed vulnerability:
- Gugent Agent for Windows were updated with a newer version of OpenSSL, although not affected by heart bleed originally in 6.0.1
- Identity Appliance was also updated with a newer version of openSSL
- Business Groups IaaS page timing out with an Error -> This issue is the one I encountered, and it was pretty painful for the short time it lasted.
More sso related things are now fixed, like some issues with searching catalog items ‘On behalf’ & Entitlement page timeout that happened when searching groups to
Last but not least, it seems like the Windows authentication checkbox will now work (haven’t tested myself yet) according to:
- Windows session authentication login fails and an error message is displayed because of VMware Client Integration Plug-in
If you attempt to use the Windows session authentication feature, it fails and an error message Windows Session Authentication login as failed as a result of an error caused by the VMware Client Integration Plugin is displayed. This issue occurred in Google Chrome 31.0.1650.63, Internet Explorer 9, and Firefox 25.0.1.
- Login to vCloud Automation Center fails when you try to login with SSO
When you try to login to vCloud Automation Center virtual appliance with SSO, the login fails and an error message Error received by LDAP client: com.vmware.identity.interop.ldap.WinLdapClientLibrary, error code: 10 is displayed.
To read the rest of the release notes, click here.
Have a great weekend!